Free From Salvage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ideas for how to use your loot, you may find some new ideas here: Salvage Ideas
A master list of stuff to find and where to find it: Salvage Parts and Sources
A guide to all our salvage information Salvage Topics.
Links to Salvage topics
- According to http://coprolite.com/art12.html , "I'd love to hear about where you found your 8048. Take a picture of the host that you remove it from (CD player, truck, refridgerator, whatever) and I'll put your picture on a page that chronicles our adventures sifting through the rubble."
- After the 8048, the 8051 and similar chips are perhaps the most-scavenged CPUs. http://www.8052.com/ has a FAQ and a discussion forum for the 8052, 8051, 8032, and 8031 along with more modern derivatives of these chips.
- How To Scrounge Parts Or... How to homebrew on the cheap - dead link as of July 15, 2010 but still available via archive.org
- Take apart a Compact Fluorescent Bulb
- "Das DereLicht Receiver": a ham radio receiver built only from the electronic components inside an old compact fluorescent bulb.
- "Der Nauen Crosses the Pond" describes ham radio transmitter and receiver built from a relatively low-frequency transistor from a compact fluorescent bulb, using magnetic frequency doubler technology.