Difference between revisions of "Twitter Analysis DB GUI"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
[[File:.png | 1000x2500px]]
Revision as of 06:22, 10 May 2020
This is completely wrong documentation, it will be corrected
The GUI or graphical user interface is the key to using the Twitter Analysis DB. In addition, the parameter file . This page is the documentation for the GUI.
This is what it looks like, details on each part below. Still working on it, mostly to clean up the details. Note that this screen shot was taken during a debugging session and has some artifacts that will soon disappear, then a new screen shot will be placed here.
What Does What: The Controls
Control is mostly through buttons, sometimes supplemented by text fields. Outside of the GUI there is also a parameter file which controls start up and item like database file name. The large rectangle at the bottom left, a text area, is where information messages are displayed. It is referred to as the message area.
Working from top to bottom:
At the Top
- <Window title> Program name and some additional info including version and mode.
- <ID Color Band >The green band under the title is an optional component, its height and color is set in the parameter file. It is normally useful only if you are running 2 instances of the application and want a quick way to tell them apart.
Top Row of Labels
Next Button Row
- <Edit Log> opens an editor on the system ( needs to be configured in parameter file self.ex_editor = <name of executable or link> ) to view the python logging file for the app.
- <Edit Parms > opens an editor on the system to edit the parameters.py file. See <Edit Log>.
- <Restart> Restarts the application ( usually fast ) using new values ( if any ) in the parameter file(s).
- <Test> May not be present, for debugging, not generally useful or predictable, you would need to look through the code to see what it might be doing, press at your own risk.
- <Help> Link to this documentation.
- <About> Bit of information on the program, the usual stuff
- <Column of Buttons and Text Panel> The Panel shows program activity and some other info ( like the sql used in a query ) the buttons act on this data in some way. You might be able type in the text panel, to no particular effect, perhaps could use this to make notes. Text is partly erased from time to time depending on settings in parameter file(s)
- Other controls:
- <Clear> Clears text panel.
- <Copy Sel> Copies all selected text. Use the mouse to select text.
- <Copy All> Copies all text selected or not.
- <A Scroll> When checked text panel automatically scrolls to the most recent data, else not. This can help you read earlier material when still receiving new data.